Recent tendencies in Enterprise Mobility have made mobile data security a mandate for businesses. A survey reported in 2010 saying, for the first time that smartphone sales overtook PC sales. Since then penetration of these smart devices and recognizing the productivity and cost benefits, businesses are increasingly implementing bring-your-own device (BYOD) policies these days. Research firm J. Gold Associates says that about 25%-35% of enterprises have already implemented BYOD policy, and they expect to grow more than 50% in the next two years. This makes sense as mobility systems and solutions evolves from a nice-to-have capability to a business advantage. However, Enterprise MDM comes with various challenges as well. Let us see the stats that state the current scenario of enterprise mobility:
- There are almost 387 new device management threats every minute or more than six each second.
- 97% of the topmost paid Android apps and 87% of the topmost paid iOS apps have been hacked with ease.
- By the end of year 2016, there will be more than 2 billion smartphone users, with over 268 billion mobile downloads by 2017
- 97% of businesses say some portion of their workforce uses mobile devices in their job today
- 32% of organizations say lost or stolen devices are the leading cause of mobile data security incidents, and 50% of organizations say content theft and leakage are their one of the top concerns
- 60% of the employees access content from outside the office
- On an average, companies test less than 50% of the mobile apps they build
- 76% of organizations plan to invest more in mobile technologies in 2016-2017
- The annual U.S. cost of a cyber-crime is $11.56 million per organization
These mind-blowing statistics prove that an Enterprise Mobility Applications, which can assure data security of BYOD and enterprise owned devices, is the need of the day.
As we provide various Mobility Management Solution to the companies to monitor and track their employees devices & secure data remotely through single console. If you are looking for mobility solution for your business then you can try 14 days free trial.